Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Bad Experience

I made linux cd's from the .iso files given with a tech magazine. I wanted to install it and experince it once as I had never worked on Linux. It was Linux Mandrake 10. There were in total 3 cd's.
I installed Linux on a new partition which I had cleaned. Please take note that the PC was quiet old. After the installation, when I booted into Linux, it came into a DOS-like command prompt. I tried all sorts of commands but could not get Linux GUI.
I knew I messed up, so, I was thinking of formatting my Linux partition. Just then, Windows went berserk. I would stop working in mid-way, many applications wont work. I knew I could rectify the problem but my Mother won't let me. So, I had to call the computer vendor who had sold us the computer.
He made everything ok. And since then, I haven't tried Linux.